Sunday, November 10, 2013
Preview – 6pm Auction – 7pm
Venue: Temple Emunah 9 Piper Road Lexington, MA 02421
Click here for map and directions follow
The Bulgarian Center of New England is pleased to invite you to the 1st Annual Art Auction hosted by Hamilton Art & Auction to give you the opportunity to start a new art collection or to further enhance an established one.
Join us in the fundraising event, which benefits the BCNE, a nonprofit organization serving the mission to promote and extend Bulgarian culture, art, history, and traditions.
The auction allows art lovers to experience the inspiring offer of paintings of leading contemporary artists, including Leroy Neiman, Britto, Lauri Blank,Tripp Harrison, Disney and the masters collection featuring the artwork of Dali, Chagall, Miro, etc.
- Silent auction of fine jewelry to occur during viewing period prior to the start of the auction.
- Fine jewelry, sports memorabilia, glass and sculpture will as well be auctioned.
- Auction items include artwork donated by the Bulgarian artists Anita Kokoreva, Boriana Zaneva, Diana Samnalieva, Georgi Petrov, Irina Todorova, Nelly Tonchev and Plamen Hristov.
- The artwork, collectibles, and jewelry start at opening bids 50-60% less than traditional framed gallery prices.
- All artwork and sports memorabilia is presented with custom framing and certificates of authenticity.
- Gergana Haralampieva has performed on NPR’s (National Public Radio’s) show From The Top, with Boston Pops in Symphony Hall, and was finalist of the Cooper International Violin Competition in Oberlin, Ohio. She is currently a student of Ida Kavafyan (the founder of the prestigious Music from Angel Fire and Bravo! Vail Valley Music Fetsival) at the Curtis Institute.
- Fourteen-year cellist Zlatomir Fung has soloed with Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra, Symphony Pro Musica, the New England Philharmonic, the Cambridge Symphony Orchestra, the Boston Civic Orchestra, the Lowell Philharmonic, and the Lausanne Sinfonietta and many others. Zlatomir has also performed at venues such as Jordan Hall, the Tsai Performance Center, and Carnegie Hall’s Weill Recital Hall.
We are happy to announce that Elena Kolarova – Miss Bulgarka 2013 in USA, Winner of People’s Choice Award and 1st Runner-Up will be among us at the Auction.
Child care services will be available during the event at the facility (toddlers and up) – please rsvp so we know how many children to expect.
Through this event you will support BCNE to raise funds for the purchase of the building, which will host the Bulgarian Church “St. Petka,” the Bulgarian School “Sts. Cyril and Methodius,” and cultural events and initiatives organized by the Bulgarian-American centre Madara or sponsored by other groups and organizations.
Ticket price – 25$
Proceeds from ticket sales benefit directly BCNE.